This summer Shakespeare in Action in partnership with the Canadian Stage will offer our annual Shakespeare for Kids Summer Camp in High Park.
Each summer camp culminates in a performance of a Shakespeare play on the High Park Community Stage! Groundlings (ages 7 – 10) will work on “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and King’s Company (ages 11 – 14) will work on “As You Like It.”
GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND VIDEO/MEDIA ASSISTANT
Shakespeare in Action, with the support of Sevice Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs Grant is looking to hire two positions for a six week contract this summer.
– Will draft and design Shakespeare in Action’s 2018/2019 promotional materials (brochures, posters, postcards, etc)
– Assist with Administrative tasks
– Knowledge of WordPress is an asset (assist with some website up-keep)
Video Media Assistant
– knowledge in photography and video, and have an eye for compelling moments to capture during our summer camps
– create and edit promotional media for summer camp – manage archive of media
The successful candidate will:
– Be between 18 – 30 years of age
– Be a full-time college or university student in the previous year
– Be returning to full-time studies in the fall
– Be able to commit to the full term of employment
– Have skills and training relevant to the role for which they are applying (see Roles Available below)
– Be able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check (Video Media Assistant)
– knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator)
– knowledge of WordPress an asset
– be able to manage tasks independently
Video Media Assistant
– knowledge of Adobe Suite an asset
– knowlege of Final Cut Pro
– be a self-starter, able to manage their time, organize shot-lists, and provide edits on a deadline
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to David di Giovanni, at firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date with the latest job offers and opportunities.
Shakespeare in Action is committed to maintaining a roster that represents the diversity of our city and we encourage applications from anyone and everyone with a passion for Shakespeare.