Hamlet has been cast! Guildenstern is dead (that is, he has been cut from the script) – and there is debate as to whether Rosencrantz (who will deliver Guildenstern’s lines) should be dubbed Rosenstern, Guildencrantz, or Rosencrantz Guildenstern. The teens spent much of the day re-reading the script in role…but not without a little nonsense thrown into the mix.
– Young Co. for Teens – Why are you late? The eager employees mime an excuse for the late party (far right), who has to figure it out. If the boss (second from right) catches her employees slacking, they have to provide excuses good enough to save themselves from being fired.
– Young Co. for Teens – What, we were typing…really.
– Young Co. for Teens – What was that about an elephant?
– Young Co. for Teens – Can you figure out what on earth they’re trying to communicate?
– Young Co. for Teens – Sabio, you are so fired.
The kids warmed up in the morning with some animal imagination and movement exercises. Rehearsals continued, and costume design begun!
– Kids’ Camp – Imagine yourself as an animal.
– Kids’ Camp – Move as your animal – it’s a zoo in here!