Shakespeare in Action is looking for an Interim Administrator to join the SIA team!
Reporting to The Board of Directors and the Artistic Director, the Interim Administrator will lead our administrative, educational and fundraising strategies for a period of 6 months, with the possibility of contract extension after such time.
We are looking for a highly organized, motivated individual with a passion for classical theatre and youth. Candidates should have expansive knowledge of Canadian Theatre, specifically Theatre in Education, with exceptional written and oral communication skills, acuity in financial management, experience in managing staff and volunteers and experience in fundraising.
Working closely with the Artistic Director, the Interim Administrator will:
- Manage the daily operation of the Shakespeare in Action offices, including management of master calendar and email accounts.
- Oversee finances, and manage yearly and individual project budgets, annual audits and, CRA remittances charity law compliance, as well as daily banking, bill payments and deposits.
- Hire and supervise office/administrative and production staff, in partnership with with Artistic Director.
- Coordinate Board meetings, including distribution of agendas and minutes.
- Assist to manage development of the Board of Directors.
- Manage the writing, submission and final reporting of grants from a variety of granting bodies.
- Coordinate and manage Shakespeare in Actions Fundraising events, including overseeing call campaigns, managing donations, and ensuring receipts/thank you letters sent.
- Coordinate and manage marketing and call campaigns
- Take a leading role in strategizing and executing fundraising requests, devise and lead individual donor strategy plan, and draft and distribute foundation asks and corporate sponsorship pitches.
- Research and implement strategies for new revenue generation.
- Liaise with stakeholders including the TAPA, PACT, Toronto District School Board, Toronto Public Library and Central Toronto Academy to deliver programs and nurture the company’s strategic growth.
- Liaise with the CAEA to ensure Equity compliance and manage actor contracts.
- Maintain statistical information and perform data entry
- Oversee and manage company website
- Participate in creative planning, and
- Supervise and mentor our team of outstanding interns and volunteers
The successful applicant will have:
- A post-secondary degree in a relevant field, with a minimum of 5 years experience in arts administration, preferably management.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with experience in writing copy for grants, fundraising and marketing.
- Working knowledge of the CTA and CAEA.
- Experience in recruiting and supervising staff, contract employees and volunteers.
- Experiencing in successfully managing fundraising events.
- The ability to work flexible hours
- A deep commitment to theatre for young audiences, and
- Patience and a sense of humour!
Desirable skills include:
- Proficiency in Photoshop, in-design and illustrator, with experience in designing marketing materials.
- Experience working in an educational or school setting.
- Conversational French is an advantage, but not essential.
Shakespeare in Action is an equal opportunity employer, with a deep commitment to reflecting the vibrant cultural diversity of our city in our creative and administrative team.
- Applicants are asked to please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled