July 18th -29th (Weston)
August 2nd-12th (Etobicoke)
Shakespeare for Kids Summer Camp
In this fun and collaborative drama camp your child will be immersed in the exciting world of theatre making. Every year children and youth from across Toronto come together for two weeks to design, build, and perform an adaptation of one of Shakespeare’s plays.
From prop, set and costume design to scene and movement work campers will take a hands-on approach – all culminating in a fun and exciting performance for family and friends. Theatre is a team sport that fosters many transferable skills and builds lifelong friendships. This camp provides the unique opportunity for campers to collaborate with their peers and to work with professionals every step of the way!
Shakespeare Summer Camp teaches young theatre makers what it really takes to bring a play to life.
Dates: July 18th-29th
Location: Artscape Weston Common
Info: In July in Weston, the Nobles will explore and perform our own adaptation of Shakespeare’s political drama, Julius Caesar!
Dates: August 2nd-12th
Location: Assembly Hall
Info: In August in Etobicoke, the Nobles will explore and perform our own adaptation of Shakespeare’s great romantic drama ROMEO AND JULIET!
Summer Camp Covid-19 Policy
The following protocols will be implemented to keep campers and staff safe during our Summer 2021 Camps:
- Each session is limited to a maximum of 18 campers
- All staff and campers must properly wear approved masks at all times except when eating or drinking
- Frequent hand-washing and sanitizing will be enforced
- Eating and drinking must be socially distanced and/or separated by a protective screen
- Most programming will occur outdoors in order to ensure ideal air quality. Alternate indoor facilities will be available in case of inclement weather
- Full refunds will be available up to 2 weeks prior to the beginning of camp should the City of Toronto be forced into another lockdown